Thursday, June 10, 2010

Precious Angels



So I didn't think I'd be writing again until I got to Zambia but I just couldn't resist. Our group leader just sent us the link for the orphanage which we'll be helping out with and oh my goodness. I may just come home with 20 precious children. Please spend just a few minutes on http://zambiahope.com and you'll have to agree. The sweet boy in the photo is Moffat, suffering from blindness and in need of a corneal transplant. Our group leader is working with the orphanage and the government to see if we can bring him back in July for this operation to restore sight to this precious child. Please be praying for this and I'll definitely keep y'all posted with any updates! Seeing photos and reading stories is just making this all the more real for me and I cannot wait to be used by the Lord to be a blessing to these children, though I think they'll affect my life more than I can possibly affect theirs.

If you really want a tender tear-jerking reality check, watch this video http://vimeo.com/12270157 which was filmed at the same orphanage with the group who helped out last year. I may or may not have seen it over a dozen times... and still am incredibly touched by it.

More later... I just had to share these precious lives with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment