Friday, June 4, 2010

9 days...

Wow! I can't believe the time has already come for me to get things ready for this adventure of a lifetime!

Y'all will have to bear with me since this is the first of my blogging but I hope to keep updating this as I'm able to access the internet while in Lusaka. But first off, a HUGE thank you to all of my supporters. I couldn't be going on this trip without you and am so thankful that God has blessed me with each and every one of you. I have been so incredibly encouraged through witnessing God's provision, and it has allowed me to get that more excited about all He's going to do in my heart and in the hearts of everyone I come in contact with! I'm so glad y'all can be a part of this summer project and stay connected with the goings-on through this blog.

Time has flown by, I've been blessed abundantly through financial support and encouragement, and I absolutely cannot wait for it all to begin!! Back in December I came across this verse and have been praying to have this heart ever since:
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

As I begin to pack my bags, God is preparing my heart. Please continue to pray for my team and I that we'll be open and ready to share the gospel & God's love with every person we meet throughout our trip. Please also pray that the hearts of the Zambians would be softened and open to receive the good news. I am so blessed to be a part of God's big picture and can't wait to share amazing stories with y'all of how He's changing lives!

God bless y'all!

Much Love,
Amy


p.s. The title of my blog is from the song "Like a Lion" by David Crowder Band and it's a favorite of mine. If you haven't heard it yet, you've gotta!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXD52oogRI

1 comment:

  1. I love that I can blogstalk you now!! Think you can pak an extra duffle bag and bring home a little kid for the Hurdles?!? Suuuucccchhhh a cool opportunity! Can't wait to hear and see more of how God uses you and grows you there. We are praying for you alot, Amy! We love you. Did all the support you need come in? Xoxo kitty

    ReplyDelete